Welcome to the Health Room at Conrad Weiser East Elementary!
Kristin Herbein, RN, BSN, M.Ed., Certified School Nurse
TEL: (610) 678-9901 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual Health Screenings:
height, weight, BMI, vision, hearing
Annual Health Screenings
The school nurse performs the following health screenings during the school year:
Height & Weight- grades K-4
Body Mass Index (BMI)- grades K-4
Far & Near vision- grades K-4
Hearing- grades K, 1, 2, 3
Parents will be notified in writing if their child does not pass the vision and/or hearing screenings. Please follow-up promptly with a visit to your doctor or specialist after you are notified.
- Handwashing Tips
- Immunization Requirements:
All grades, K-12, need the following:
4 doses of tetanus
4 doses of diptheria
3 doses of polio
2 doses of measles
2 doses of mumps
1 dose of rubella
3 doses of hepatitis B
2 doses of varicella
7th grade additional requirements
1 dose of meningococcal conjugate (MCV)
1 dose of tetanus, diptheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) if 5 years have elapsed since last tetanus containing vaccine
- Is It A Cold or the Flu?
- Reasons to Keep Your Child Home From School
Fever, vomiting, diarrhea, head lice...
- Fever (100 degrees or above) within the past 24 hours. Temperature should be normal for 24 hours without the use of medication before returning to school.
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Head lice (untreated). Student will be checked by the school nurse before returning to school.
- Infectious conditions requiring antibiotics such as strep throat or pink eye. Student may return to school after 24 hours of antibiotics.
- Contagious conditions such as Chicken Pox. Pox Marks should be dried and have scabs before returning to school.
- Common colds with EXCESSIVE nasal drainage, persistent cough, or low grade fever.
- School Health Forms:
- Dental form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Medication Authorization form
- Modified Physical Education Form
- Private Physician Report Form
- Smiles Program