Special Education Services
Office of Special Education Services -
- Mailing Address: 44 Big Spring Road, Robesonia, PA 19551
- Office Address: 200 Lincoln Dr. Wernersville, PA 19565
- Office Phone:
610-693-8542 x. 6906
- Director of Special Education:
Mrs. Jessica L. Head
- Secretary to the Director:
Mrs. Lori Mosser, x. 3210
- Secretary/ACCESS Coordinator:
Mrs. Krista Smith, x. 3268
Mrs. Kelley Noecker, x.3214
- Request for Records
- School Psychologist Support Staff
- Itinerant Teacher Consultants:
Mrs. Heather Wamsher
- In District Special Education Support
- Mr. Robert Dunmoyer, x. 1002
- Out of District & Bethany Children's Home
- School Psychologists:
Mrs. Kara Small, Mrs. Amanda Weidner, Mrs. Kristen Bender
- Transition Coordinator:
Mr. Dean Zampelli, x. 6250
- BCIU - Local Right to Education Task Force
Laws & Regulations
Please find the link to the Conrad Weiser Area School District Special Education Plan, posted for public review. Please contact Mrs. Jessica Head regarding questions regarding this plan.
- Gifted Education - Chapter 16
- Special Education - Chapter 14
- Annual Public Notice (ENG)
- Annual Public Notice (SPAN)
- Definitions of Disabilties - Chapter 14
- Gaskin Notice for Parents
- Glossary of Special Education Terms Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEIA):
Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEIA): IDEA 2004 maintains the basic principles of the law, a free appropriate public education for all students with disabilities, in the least restrictive environment.
Multidisciplinary Evaluation (MDE): The evaluation process to gather information which is used to determine if a student has a disability or is mentally gifted according to state and federal definitions and is in need of special education.
Initial Evaluation Report (ER): The purpose of the evaluation is to determine: 1) the child’s eligibility for special education programs and services (i.e., the child has a disability and needs specially designed instruction) and 2) the educational needs of the child.
REEVALUATION REPORT (RR): The purpose of the reevaluation is to determine whether: 1)the child remains eligibility for special education programs and services and 2) to review the educational needs and progress of the child.
Individualized Education Program (IEP): The plan written by the IEP Team (including parents) that specifically describes the programs and related services necessary for a Free and Appropriate Public Education for the exceptional student.
Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE): A program of education and related services for an eligible student that is designed to meet the student's special education needs and allows the student to make meaningful progress in the Least Restrictive Environment.
Least Restrictive Environment (LRE): Part of the federal and state law that deals with determining an exceptional student's placement. To the maximum extent appropriate, disabled students are to be educated with students who are not disabled. The removal of a student from the regular education environment occurs only when the disability is such that the student cannot satisfactorily be educated in the regular class setting or the student exhibits behaviors that impede his/her learning or that of others.
- Office for Dispute Resolution
- Parent training and information
Videos about Direct Instruction
Welcome to the Parent Training section of the CWASD Special Education website!
We utilize Direct Instruction programs for both Language Arts and Math instruction in many of our Special Education classes.
Below are two links to short videos explaining the history of Direct Instruction and showing examples of how Direct Instruction looks in a classroom when implemented effectively.
- Please click on the link below to view a video about the history of Direct Instruction.
- Please click on the link below to view a video of Direct Instruction being used in several different classroom settings.
***** Your feedback is very important to us! We would like to know what you think of this training format and any additional comments or suggestions you would like to provide! Please take just a few moments to click on the link below and fill out our survey!
- Special Education in PA - ConsultLine
State and Federal Links