Meeting Time/Location: The CWMS-PTO Meets the 3rd Wednesday of the month (September through May) at 6:30 PM in the Middle School Library. Enter the Middle School at the main entrance by the flag pole.
2019-2020 Meeting Dates:September 18, October 10, November 14, NO DECEMBER MEETING, January 9, February 13, March 18, April 15 and May 20.
- 5th Grade Welcome Booklet 2018
- Giant Rewards Program 2018
- Cartidge World letter 2015
- About Us:
- On behalf of the CW Middle School PTO, we would like to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year. The Middle School PTO, an approved Non-Profit organization, meets the 2nd Thursday* of every month in the Middle School Library at 6:30pm. We hope you can join us. Over the last several years, the PTO has collaborated with the Teachers and Admin. Staff to hold both educational and entertaining assemblies for the students. We also contribute to the expense of the 8th grade trip to Washington D.C., as well as other requests made by the staff. The focus is making sure all students benefit from the support of the PTO. Please consider getting involved. The parents that are running the PTO all have students that will be moving on the High School next year so we are in need of parents to help fill the positions of President, Vice President, and Secretary for the 2019-2020 school year. Now is a great time to get involved so the PTO continues for many years to come.
The CWMS-PTO holds one major fundraiser each year. The fundraiser company for 2019-2020 is Gifts 'N Things. They are a local company based in Fleetwood, and they offer a variety of products from everyday necessities to goodies for the holidays.
The CWMS-PTO collects funds via General Mills box tops, Redner's Receipts, and Boyer's Care and Share program.
- General Mills Box Tops HAVE CHANGED!!!: We no longer need to cut out box tops and remember to send them to school. BOX TOPS HAVE GONE DIGITAL!!! That's right, just scan your receipt with the Box Tops app and CWMS gets the points. No more expired Box Tops, WOOOHOOO! That is correct, just go to Box Tops For Education and download the app. Choose "Conrad Weiser Middle School" as your school of choice, and start scanning your receipts. Click here for a list of participating Products.
- Redner's Save A Tape: Sign up for the Fuel Pumps Perk Card at Redner's and you will automatically be assigned a Save-a-Tape Number. Show your Fuel Pumps Perk Card EVERY TIME you shop. Keep your receipt and send the entire receipt into school with your child and have them put it in the Redner's Box in the office. CWMS-PTO submits the receipts and the school earns 1% of the total amount on those receipts. It costs nothing but a few moments of your time and you will save ten cents per gallon for every $100.00 you spend. It’s a win-win situation for everyone!
- Boyer's Care and Share program: Ask a PTO representative for a Boyer's key tab. Have the cashier scan your tab tab at checkout, and Boyer's will then rebate each group 1% of the total purchases (excluding tax, milk, and cigarettes).
- The monies collected from these fundraisers, Box Tops, and receipts have made many purchases for the school including iPads and carts, art supplies, music equipment, a shop saw, a video camera microscope for the science department, cameras and printers, a new sound system for dances in the cafeteria, busing for an 8th grade trip to D.C., and a large contribution to the purchase of a weather station on the Middle School roof in which data can be used to enhance your child's education in a variety of ways. Funds are also contributed to the Renaissance Committee and President's Challenge Physical Fitness awards.
- "Fun" Fundraisers: The PTO sponsors fun activities for the middle school children, including a spring pool party. We would love to hold more "fun" events if we can get more parent-volunteers.
- Finally, the CWMS-PTO sponsors the CWMS-ArtsFest Awards. Winning artwork is permanently displayed in the CWMS main lobby.
Inza Adams, Outgoing CWMS PTO President
Angie Reeser, Outgoing CWMS PTO Vice President
Jennifer Connors, CWMS PTO Treasurer
Michelle Houck, Outgoing CWMS PTO Secretary
- Get Involved:
Fall Fundraiser - Chair: Inza Adams
Gifts 'N Things fundraiser is the major fundraiser for the PTO. Volunteers are needed to tally orders and distribute delivered product. This volunteer opportunity only requires two nights (forms organization) and one afternoon/evening (product distribution) of your time.
Hospitality Committee - Shannon Bridgman
Provide food and refreshments for Teacher Appreciation and other PTO sponsored events.
CWMS-PTO Volunteer Information