– Tabitha Meredith: email@example.com
– FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.www.ffa.org
– Any student in grades 5 through 8 can join CWMS FFA during the first two weeks of each school year. Forms will be available in the office and outside F-3. Forms must be completed and returned following the deadline for each school year.It only costs $5 to be an FFA member! Your $5 dues allows you to participate in all of our activities. We do have a few fundraisers that we ask you to participate in so we can continue to have all of our great activities. T-Shirts are an additional $7 if you are interested.
– Due to the extraordinary number of students who have joined FFA in 2017-18 (Over 300), most/all meetings will be held online via Schoology. Students should listen to AM announcements for updates.
FFA 2017 September Newsletter, including permission forms
– The Middle School FFA has once again accepted the Trex Bag Recycling Challenge. Last year we collected plastic in truckloads!! Literally, 6,521 pounds of plastic were saved from the landfill and successfully recycled by our students, staff, and community members which was an increase of 3,117 pounds from the year before!! We were the TOP school for collections in the state of Pennsylvania that was recognized for this endeavor and this year, we want to collect even more!! Let’s try for 7,000 pounds! In case you didn’t know, all types of plastic film (bag type material) are recyclable and are collected (free to you) by many of our local grocery stores and department stores.
– For the challenge period, WE will take your plastic, weigh it, and deliver it to those participating stores. Our totals will then be compared to other schools based on student enrollment. Our goal is to collect as many pounds of clean, dry, plastic film as we possibly can in a few months’ time frame. Please see the attached document for a better explanation of what plastics will be accepted.
Merchandiser Article regarding the Plastic Challenge article
2016-17 Trex Challenge Wrap Up information. #1 IN THE NATION!!!!!
See our newsletters for more “news” and updates about our club. Spring 2017
Events / Activities
Duncan’s Corn Maze Trip (October)
Fall Flower Bulb sale (Sep / Oct)
7/8 Halloween Dance (October)
Fall Creek Clean-Up (November)
Holiday Party / Movie (December)
PA Farm Show Trip (January)
National FFA Week Rally (February)
St Patrick’s Day Carnation sale (March)
Mini Career Development Events (March)
Easter Egg Decorating Contest (Mar / Apr)
AG Olympics (May)
Spring Creek Clean-Up (May)
Field Day Stand (June)
Keeping up to Date
Schoology, AM Announcements, http://www.conradweiser.org/our-schools/middle-school/activities/ffa
New for the 2017-2018 school year – in an effort to save paper, we will not be printing and delivering newsletters.If you need a hard copy of any forms, please stop by Mrs. Meredith’s room to pick one up. Everything will be accessible online.
CW Middle School FFA Activities & Permission Slips:
- FFA 2017 September Newsletter including permission forms for Farm City and Duncan's